Friday, June 11, 2021

Platt Farm / Platt House

I had to do a bit of detective work to track down the location of this old postcard found on Ebay, of Platt Farm, Fairseat. I am estimating it to be from the 20s/30s era.


The house is now known as Platt House, and is, naturally, near the junction of Platt House Lane/Wrotham Hill Lane/Fairseat Lane.

It has been much extended and modernised, and is now painted white, and below is a recent photo, taken from almost the same spot. I remember when I moved to the area in late 2001 it was undergoing extensive work at that time, or shortly afterwards. You can still just about see the two shield plaques above the left and right upper windows. I would be interested to know if anyone knows what they represent. The house was recently sold in March 2021. 





No comments:

Post a Comment